Hey beauties! Welcome back to the Fresh and Clean series on steps to keeping the face in good shape or in clean shape that is. So let's get to it. Toner. Sounds outdated, right? Well, not exactly. We are not necessarily talking about that toner or astringent that burn. We are talking about toner/astringent that helps to remove the dirt, grime, and oil from your face. Toners today are gentle and more effective. And with organic skin care on the rise, you can get an all natural toner that caters your skin type. Toners are used right after you clean your face with your selected skin type cleanser. If exfoliating that evening, you will use the toner after that step. Use a cotton ball and moisten the cotton ball and swipe clean. Let's take a look at some benefits that can help you keep that face palette looking refreshed. A toner can:
- Help remove excess dirt, grime, make-up residue, and oil
- Refresh and smooth out skin
- Shrink pores and tighten skin
- Minimize oil to help reduce and prevent acne
- Helps balance pH level of the skin. Keeping your skin less prone to oiliness and infection.
- Toners can help detoxify the skin. Removing environmental toxins such as smoke, soot, and smog.
- Facial toners can hydrate to your skin This helps to maintain elasticity, smoothness, moisture and provide a more youthful appearance.
- Some facial toners contain vitamins to help provide nutrients to the skin, keeping it healthy and fresh